Saturday, May 2, 2009

Week 3 day 5

Tasks of this week:
Today we didn’t have a lot of work to do and the employees of the training department are busy in their own work so I asked them how I could help them today, so they give me evaluation sheets of different programs of this week to write these information in excel sheet that I created yesterday. Also, I checked the format of the scholarships report.

Problems I faced
I didn’t face any problem today because I know how to deal with people around me I listen to them I do my best when they ask to do something.

Things I like and I don’t like in my work placement:
Here in the training department they use excel program a lot to organize in the information of the training courses. Also they insert people information in it for example they prepare for each training session excel sheet to see who got the certificates of this course and who didn’t, and I really get very bored of this process.

In addition, what I like mostly in my department is that the employees are very friendly and cooperative with each other. Also I like the informal relationship that they have for example: - yesterday the HR manager got a pries of the best employee, and all the employees in the HR celebrated this happy event. Another example today the HR department organized a breakfast meals the HR works, however I attended this breakfast gathering it was very nice.

New skills
I learned today how to fill the evaluation sheets that I created for the RTA programs employees attend. Moreover, they show me how to use OLM system that is linked to GRP system; in this system they insert people information who attended different training courses.

Work Performance
I think everything is good so far in my work performance, there are no complaints about me. Also my supervisor trusts me very much and he decided to give me his computer password so I can check his emails while he is outside the country next week to do what is required from us.

Recommendations
I recommend all the college to do such as breakfast event for all the DWC stuff and students to report in it in the newspaper or television I think this a great idea that the college could do and report in it, nevertheless, the main idea of this event is to promote the friendly environment that DWC offer for to the students.

No comments: