Friday, April 17, 2009

My First Day in The work placement

About my first day in the RTA and the department I am working in:
RTA is the place where I chosen to work in for my work placement, however today date is 12th April 2009 it’s the first day in my work placement. The first day was very busy day because I attended a presentation that is prepared for me and with other 20 students from my college by the RTA stuff. After the presentation my direct supervisor took me to the training department that I will be working in for 2 months, my department contains 9 people each of them are responsible about different things in RTA employees trainings. However, training department is divided into two sections the first section is admin the second section is technical and as I noticed the department it self is a section from the HR department.

Tasks I did in the first day and some skills that helped me in my work:
The first task that I was assigned to do is to call a training company in order to cooperate with them and organize first aid course for a number of RTA staff. For that I used my communication skills and I called training company and I asked them what is required for this course and they told me they just need official letter with all details such as number of employees who will take the course, type of course that is needed and other details, so I told my director about the all requirement then I helped him in preparing the official letter for them. The second task that assigned to me is insert a list of names and some details about employees training courses in Excel sheet, so I used my skills in Excel sheet and I created a table to insert the details that I have but it was very long list so I only managed to finished half of it until the end of the day.

Things that I liked in this work placement:
I really liked that all the employees in the training department are very happy to teach me their work, and they all of them are friendly and kind. However, I think I still need to know more about the RTA working environment. And I liked that every thing went smoothly in the first day without any problems. Finally, I can say that I am looking forward to gain some new skills from this work experience.

No comments: